Objectives of the foundacion
- We provide comprehensive care to people with diabetes:
- With a program structured of prevention would second.
- The regular practice of clinical controls with complementary tests (examination of bottom of eye, clinical analysis, ECG, Echo Doppler…).
- Dedication with the same emphasis to the aspects biomedical, psychological cultural and of behaviour.
- Individual therapeutic education and in group. Familiar support.
- We contribute to training professionals in diabetology.
- We promote research in the field of diabetes.Promovem la recerca.
The FRCF is governed by the Foundations Act of the Catalan Autonomous Government. The Foundation’s income comes from medical fees for professional cae, registration fees four courses and private sponsorship, and is used for social, teaching and research purposes.
The law makes donations tax deductible.
The foundation was constituted in 1989 in memory of the illustrious Catalan clinical specialist in diabetes, Rossend Carrasco i Formiguera, a pioneer in the use of insulin in Catalonia and Spain.
The current members of the Board of Trustees are:
Dr. Joaquim Camps (President of honor)
Sr. Serafín Murillo (Secretary)
Sr. Jordi Viadé
Sra. Eulàlia Figuerola